- Sri Aurobindo’s Mahasamadhi – December 5
- The Sublime Charity
- Power of mental formations of thought– The Mother
- The significance of one’s birthday – Mother
- Aug 15, 2018 Sri Aurobindo’s B’day Darshan Message.
- On Thought
- The Divine relay race – A Disciple.
- In the folds of the Silence – Sri Aurobindo
- The first lesson on the Path – The Mother
- The most real and most effective help.
- On Pranayama – Mother shares her experience with a disciple.
- The one indispensable attitude and the first step – Mother
- Mother’s first meeting with Sri Aurobindo, March 29, 1914.
- Microbes, Illnesses and cure. The Mother reveals.
- The Word or Mantra – Mother explains
- Discriminate between Truth and falsehood in action – Mother
- Dangerous conditions of the world and the significance of Auroville – Mother
- The Refuge and the Quest—Sri Krishnaprem
- Christmas — Mother
- The True Meditation — Mother
- The way to Harmony – The Mother
- I have borne every attack which human beings have borne – Sri Aurobindo
- Mother on Sri Aurobindo’s Passing away.
- Role of soul or psychic being – Mother
- When you have a problem to solve – Mother
- Open the door sealed within simply by sincere aspiration – Mother
- Change brought about in the world by the Supramental Descent – The Mother
- Meditation for perceiving the deep Truth – The Mother
- Greatest power for Spiritual realisation – Sri Aurobindo
- Desire for the Divine – Sri Aurobindo
Category Archives: Mind
When you have a thought, a well-made mental formation which goes out of you, it becomes an independent entity and continues on its way and it does that for which it was made. It continues to act independently of you. … Continue reading
We see that thought, which is a dynamism in the highest sense of the word, acts in its own realm as a formative power in order to build a body for itself. It acts like a magnet on iron filings. … Continue reading
There is a background for everything. Every movement moves upon something. And that something is a Silence which upholds everything. It is not only a general background but it is there supporting and containing every individual movement. Conceive mentally, at … Continue reading
Do you object to my doing some pranayama [[Pranayama: breathing exercises. ]] before I begin working? I think it would do you good, mon petit. I began three days ago, but I keep getting entangled with the traditional formation around … Continue reading
Do not fall into the very common error of believing that you must sit in an absolutely quiet corner where nobody passes by, where you are in a classical position and altogether immobile, in order to be able to meditate—it … Continue reading
From the point of view of individual development and for those who are still at the beginning of the path, to know how to remain silent before what one does not understand is one of the things which would help … Continue reading
In order to be genuine, to serve its full purpose, meditation must be disinterested, impersonal in the integral sense of the word. Here is a description, taken from an old Hindu text, of a typal meditation: “The great and magnificent … Continue reading
Sitting calm and quiet remember the Mother and open yourself to her. This is the rule of meditation. Sri Aurobindo
What is the most useful idea to spread and what is the best example to set? The question can be considered in two ways, a very general one applicable to the whole earth, and another specific one which concerns our … Continue reading
How can our thoughts be created by the forces of the universal mind ? Because the forces of the universal mind enter into our head; we are in a bath of forces and we are not aware of it … Continue reading
It is true that the guru himself is subject to the same rule of silence with regard to what concerns him personally. In Nature everything is in movement; thus, whatever does not move forward is bound to fall back. The … Continue reading
There are also all the words that are uttered to express ideas, opinions, the results of reflection or study. Here we are in an intellectual domain and we might think that in this domain men are more reasonable, more self-controlled, … Continue reading
In the physical domain, we have all the words that are spoken for material reasons. They are by far the most numerous and most probably also the most useful in ordinary life. A constant babble of words seems to be … Continue reading
Mother, how can the faculty of intuition be developed? There are different kinds of intuition, and we carry these capacities within us. They are always active to some extent but we don’t notice them because we don’t pay enough attention … Continue reading
Though the supermind is suprarational to our intelligence and its workings occult to our apprehension, it is nothing irrationally mystic, but rather its existence and emergence is a logical necessity of the nature of existence, always provided we grant that … Continue reading